Friday, January 29, 2010

Week 3-Online Meetings

The technology for online meetings has come a long way. When I first tried to participate in an online meeting, nothing went right and we missed the whole meeting! Now, the instructions are simple.
I accessed an archived meeting from the California State Library entitled Effectively Managing Your Email by Andrew Sanderback. This was an interesting meeting with slides, handouts and much food for thought. The strategies for effectively managing your email are attainable with time spent getting your mail boxes and folders in order. This was an organized and thorough presentation and I will put some of the hints to work.

Alexandria is the automation system in the libraries where I work. Because they have a major update for everyone, Companion Corp has been offering 4 training sessions concerning the update. I have participated in 3--Circulation, Patrons and Items, Reports and Utilities. I will do the Researcher section after it is archived.For those of you you use Alexandria. have you downloaded 6.0.2 or you still using 5.5.6 (as I am). I have heard both good and bad about the update. Let me know if you have some tips for me.

I have never used a meeting myself to contact other people--perhaps it is time to learn how.

No comments:

Post a Comment