Monday, May 17, 2010

Final posting

23 things-- I enjoyed having a schedule for learning new items. I would not consider myself very technology literate but the posts were clear and the directions were very clear. The Lafevre videos were wonderful. Help was only a question away!
What did I learn--I can't begin to enumerate --each application had its advantages and disadvantages. At least, I can say I have heard of them now! There were times I was frustrated and wondered why I ever started 23 things Kansas but my spirit was uplifted to know there were other librarians in the same boat! Overall, it was a wonderful experience that we could complete in our own time and place. I am very glad I participated.
I also learned a bit about passwords--not to have too many of them or to keep them in one place. I started off with 1 or 2 user id's and passwords, but then I ran into some sites that required numbers or a certain number of digits. So now I have a hard copy file! Should transfer this to a computer!
I was finally able to listen to the archived webinar yesterday. After 2 weeks of trying to figure out why I did not receive sound on my home computer, I tried the school computer. Bingo. Even though I had some interruptions, I loved listening to everyones' ideas. There is just no end to how to use technology. ! We are constant learners!

No comments:

Post a Comment